Congratulations to the winners from the WALK OF LIFE 25th Anniversary!
* Team with the Most Participants = Tridel with 85 participants
1) Mary Budgell (Blackberry Curve Phone donated by Tridel)
2) Ashish Bhatt (4 Blue Jays Tickets donated by Tridel)
3) Cheryl Clark (Gift Certificate donated by Running Room)
* Team Captain Draws:
1) Pauline Kelley (2 Blue Jays Tickets donated by Tridel)
2) Wilf Kenemy (Gift Certificate donated by Running Room)
3) Eva Szypulska (2 Blue Jays Tickets donated by Tridel)
Top Individual Fundraisers:
1) Irving Buchbinder ~ Raised = $8,186.00
2) Adam Sorrenti ~ Raised = $6,430.00
3) Wilma McGregor ~ Raised = $4,148.00
4) Sheila Lafrance ~ Raised = $2,295.00
5) Brian Shedden ~ Raised = $2,170.00
(Prizes will be awarded to all of the top 5 fundraisers)
Top Team Fundraisers:
Del Property Management ~ Raised = $9,990.00
The Mikey Walking Club ~ Raised = $6,090.00
Tridel ~ Raised = $5,388.00
Leo and Sandra’s Team ~ Raised = $4,958.00
(Gift bag prizes donated by Rogers will be awarded to every member of the 1st place team)
25th Anniversary of GTA WALK OF LIFE - April 26, 2009
THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO ALL SPONSORS, DONORS, PARTICIPANTS & VOLUNTEERS...
The 25th GTA WALK OF LIFE was a great success in spite of inclement weather, highway closures, power outages, looming swine flu and tough economic times. Over 1100 energetic participants braved the cold & drizzle and joined the march for the newly re-branded Cardiac Health Foundation of Canada - for Prevention, Education and Cardiac Rehabilitation. The new name, logo, t-shirts, banners & website were all welcomed enthusiastically along with the new positive, proactive approach to heart health. And several new initiatives, such as the Kids King & Queen of Hearts Drawing Contest, the Draw Prizes and the Heart Health Fair, all added to the festivities. Jennifer Valentyne of City TV Breakfast Television was an excellent emcee along with ACE the Blue Jays mascot. Special thanks to the Toronto Rehab Institute, the Toronto Western Hospital and the Breslau Cardiac Fitness Association for joining our GTA WALK OF LIFE 2009 !
Funds are being raised for cardiac rehabilitation programs, facilities, medical equipment, research scholarships and professional and public awareness across Canada. Pledges are still being collected and will continue to be welcomed as part of the WALK OF LIFE campaign until the fall. However, May 31st is the deadline for the top team prizes and individual prizes. Winners will be contacted and announced on the website.
And this year over 40 cardiac programs are participating in the National WALK OF LIFE campaign to create community awareness of cardiac health and rehabilitation as well as raise funds for cardiac rehabilitation programs across the country. The dates and locations of these are listed under National Walk Of Life on the website.